Destiny thoughts (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 21, 2014, 17:54 (3559 days ago) @ petetheduck

Automatically crouching at the end of a slide is bad. I slide during combat, when it is least optimal to be crouching. That auto-crouch often has me fumbling around with my controller to get back up and effectively engaged in combat when I should be pulling off effortless and smooth slide-under-fire-then-face-punches to my enemies.

Simple solution is to stay crouched after the slide if you hold circle, and if you just press it you stand up after the slide.

- Pulse Rifles didn't have the same audio punch that the Scout Rifles had. Combined with their high recoil, I wasn't impressed. I was looking for a good BR-like weapon and ended up just sticking with Scout Rifles.

Not all of them have high recoil. Find ones that don't, and put on a sight that stabilizes further.

- The moment that stood out to me out of the entire Beta so far was the first time I experience the Hive assault at the end of The Last Array. The Strike didn't blow me away--at some point, shooting the Devil Walker's legs gets old. Fortunately, Sepkis Prime doesn't seem to take nearly as long to defeat. I don't think these bosses are poorly designed, I think they might just have too much health. Also, I would love to see the Devil Walker be able to, you know, walk around. It just kind've shuffles it's feet while standing in the same spot. How come these bosses were shown up for me by 3 waves of standard enemies?

Yeah, Devil Walker is trivial if you enter the building on its right (your left coming in). If it shoots, just run up the stair to avoid. I managed a few times to do 3000 dmg with a sniper rifle on the legs, so I think there's a spot on there somewhere where you can really hurt it to speed things up even more.

That being said, bosses do need massive improvement by giving them more forms, increasing their lethality, and decreasing their HP.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread