encryption is the armour lock/bubble shield of loot (Destiny)

by scarab @, Monday, July 21, 2014, 18:08 (3560 days ago) @ bluerunner

Some of the white gear is actually decent for multiplayer because of the leveling. I do get a little annoyed when I get multiple identical weapons though.

It would be easy to specify a rule to auto-dismantle duplicate whites because they don't have special effects: plus discipline, grenade damage recharges melee attack, etc

I'd love to be able to setup a loot manager to take out some of the busy work. But it would probably be a bitch to setup the rules. A bitch for Bungie to do a UI for and a bitch for me to tell it what to do.

How about an overflow vault?

I pick the nine items I want in my active set; everything in addition to that goes into my overflow.

I get notifications of rares or items with stats that exceed a value that I set. For example: stat > 57 or stat > current stat + N. (where N is an integer > 0)

Maybe limit notifications to:

The extra wrinkles like: (makes reloading pulse rifles faster) can be ignored; you look for that stuff when you manage your overflow vault.

I then just play the game and get occasional notifications of rares or items that might be of interest.

In my down time I clean up my overflow. I can do this in-game or via companion app or web page(s).

Do we need a separate vault for our top faves to swap between characters? Do we want to rank weapons so that the good ones are easy to switch between characters?

Would anything like the above work for you?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread