A few UI Improvement Requests (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, July 21, 2014, 18:28 (3539 days ago) @ Decom

There are a few UI improvements I'd be extremely grateful for:

1. Fading HUD: Have the rest of the HUD configurable to fade like the level progression bar does. Have separate toggle with on/off/auto-dim for each piece of the HUD -- level bar, motion tracker, and weapon/ability display.

I don't think I've ever used this feature long-term, but I appreciate when games have it.

2. Independent voice volume control: Sometimes it's really hard to hear the dialog. Most games break the volume controls down into voice, music, and sound effects / the rest.

Yeah, even if things are mixed well, I like the ability to change sound levels independently, and this feature is one I do use sometimes.

3. Ability to pause cutscenes: this is a necessary feature for anybody who lives in a house with other people.

That doesn't really seem like a UI or UX thing, but it would be nice.

4. Label the colors on the character creation menu: I'm colorblind and I can't tell if my character is ugly or not with out labels on the colors. Even if it was just something like Purple 1, Purple 2, Blue 1, Blue 2, etc., that'd be fine.

I hadn't thought about that; it sounds like a good idea.

Any other ideas?

No, but I think I'll have some after I get to play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread