How often would you go to the tower if nothing encrypted? (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:59 (3559 days ago) @ scarab

• I played footy for a few minutes.
  • I jumped onto the roof of the kiosk with a friend.
  • I did some dancing

I never bothered showing off my gear; is that even a thing?

I'd rather do all my shopping online. (Via web browser or tablet app)

What does that leave for the tower?

Social hub? Wat? We can't even talk to other players. I suppose that Bungie could add some lounges where proximity chat is enabled.

Did anyone meet up there before going off doing other stuff together? How does that work?

And the bottom line for me is that encrypted stuff is a PITA. If encryption was removed from the game I would be a happier camper.

I ended up going to the Tower usually at the beginning and end of every session. If there were no encryptions, I might have put it off once or twice is all. Just like any RPG, or Skyrim for a recent example, once I gain enough money or marks, I'd head back to a town (in Destiny it's simply the Tower). I'll explore a bit (like find a soccer ball or a bouncy ball, or perhaps a nice viewing spot in the tree), buy new equipment, and sometimes just take in the view, relax, and plan my next expedition.

It's a good place to meet friends before battle as well, since you can see what they're looking like at the moment. Furthermore, you can plan your destination while you kick a ball around or goof off, too, which I find much more enjoyable then sitting in a static lobby trying to figure everything out for an extended time.

I don't quite understand the special need for encryption - but it doesn't bother me that it exists, but with the same token, I wouldn't be sad if it went away. Since I still go to the Tower a lot, like I said, it isn't a hassle.

What I would like to see is encryptions become multi-part or somehow challenging. It it took multiple encryptions to build an item, maybe the Cryptarch could give you clues as to where the next piece is located. Or maybe you could decode encryptions yourself as some sort of puzzle mini-game, and if you weren't interested or couldn't figure it out, THEN you'd see the Cryptarch and pay to bypass the mini-game. Or.. some other... better idea.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread