More from Urk (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 17:27 (3529 days ago)

Found this little tidbit over at NeoGaf. Someone had posted about their disappointment of the apparent "One region per planet" situation which is still up in the air as confirmed or not.

Urk Posted this:

Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated.

With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale - the Moon is our smallest destination - but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.

If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we've yet to show off.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.

If you did, good news. More soon.

Original Source

Seems encouraging to me, I especially like the last bit about "Level 8 is nothing." I really get a sense that this game will evolve and expand just by not having a level cap. Everything will be sweeter when we are Level 20+ Guardians running about.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread