What? (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 07:17 (3554 days ago) @ kapowaz

A lot of what Destiny is, is very hard to explain and much better experienced to truly understand.

You need to experience the level cap to understand what it is?

Yeah, I imagine seeing how different gear and abilities play into what it's like to go on a Level 22 strike is something deeper than what can easily be described and subsequently understood by the audience.

I don't see how giving us whatever details we demand is treating us like adults.

There's a massive gulf between making ‘demands’ and the way Bungie has drip-fed details about the game. When I talk about being treated like adults, it's largely driven by knowledge of how other game developers communicate with their fans and customers. When you put companies that are more open on one end of the scale and those that are closed and reluctant to share details on the other, the latter does start to seem patronising.

Well of course there's a gulf between making demands and the way Bungie has drip-fed details about the game, mostly to do with the subject of either of those statements, the people making demands and Bungie.

1. Bungie is releasing details about the game when and how they would like to, likely to make sure excitement about the game builds a certain way as well as make sure it's communicated in an easy to understand way.

2. You are demanding more details/information. How else would you describe what your post is? You're complaining about not getting more information?

Are you going to complain that you don't have a list of the bosses from the game? That there isn't a confirmed list of what every weapon and it's rarity is? My problem is that the scope of the details you want appears arbitrary and I see no good reason why it's important that you get it.

Also I take issue with your definition of patronising, I don't think it means what you're trying to say.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread