Does it *really* matter? (Destiny)

by kapowaz, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 08:16 (3550 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

You're the kind of person who thumbs straight to the back of book to read the ending first, aren't you? ;-P

No.

I'm the kind of person who reads the rules for a board game first rather than fumbles through a game pausing every now and then to consult them.

This is nothing to do with spoiling a story. I'm not even sure where you'd get that from.

Would you rather have Bungie spoon-feed you every scrap and tid-bit of information right now about how Destiny's leveling mechanics work, or would you rather wait and experience it first-hand?

I will experience levelling first hand regardless of how they tell me about the mechanics. Knowing that I've hit the level cap and how it will impact my gameplay experience in advance will be more useful than the sudden ‘Oh.’ moment when you hit it unexpectedly and realise that there are no more story missions to play, and that I need to start gathering a 6-person team for a Raid.

As I understand it, they're continuing to be cagey with the details because they'd rather the community delve in and figure all this stuff out for themselves. As the receiver, it's more fun to tear the wrapping off the present yourself rather than have someone else do it for you. As the giver, it's more enjoyable to hand someone the wrapped present and watch their eyes light up as they discover what it is. Personal opinion, of course.

Yeah yeah, it's a mysterious fantastic journey christmas present blah blah blah.

I get that not everyone works like this -- some people don't like suspense

I like suspense. I don't like pretense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread