The Sword of Crota (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 31, 2014, 19:17 (3555 days ago) @ Ragashingo

1. The Grimoire card we have from the Moon says in part: "It was here that we came face-to-face with Crota and his legions, a force so powerful we abandoned the Moon." This points strongly to an individual, as does the Temple of Crota which we blasted into at the end of the moon mission. You don't build a temple to a weapon... at least not in my mind.

Remember, they hate Light with a vengeance. It would be, in my mind, pretty justifiable to build a temple to adore a superweapon.

2. I think it's so much cooler and mythic-scifi to have Crota be a badass Hive leader with a legendary sword than the Hive just shooting down Guardian ships or bombing them with artillery or something.

While I'd normally agree, "thousands" is a pretty big estimate. I find it particularly far-fetched to assume a melee weapon was indeed responsible for at least two thousand deaths in whatever time span the Guardians have existed for.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread