The cursor UI has real problems (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:45 (3529 days ago)

The cursor in the beta... first off, it doesn't make sense. I really can't fathom why they'd have this be the only method of selection across the board for a console game, especially one that wasn't designed first and foremost for the PC, let alone apparently not designed for the PC at all-- but I can live with nonsensical. The problem is that the cursor is slippery and slidey. Having it be less slippery would be good, and the ability to adjust it would be better, but what I'd like better than that is just a regular console-game selection method.
It's hard to understand how a version of this that works this badly made it through testing even just to be in the beta. I don't want to overstate my frustration with it, it's serviceable most of the time, but I don't want to downplay it either, it's really a pretty significant frustration. It seemed to get a little better but I think I hit the wall for how convenient it can be for me and that wall is not comfortable place. Fixing this, by making the cursor slower, or better yet making its speed adjustable, or better still giving us a more normal console selection system, is probably too much to ask this close to release, but maybe it can be day-one patch or an early patch or come with an expansion or just be in Destiny 2.
What do you guys think? Are my thumbs just too loose or something?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread