How many are going for the PS3 version? (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 17:33 (3523 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

Alright, some info to work with at least. Even if such a small percent are on current gen, it seemed like there were more populated everything on 360, and definitly more friends.

Sucks that I'll have to start over on PS4, but not that big a deal. I wish they made the save import work across platforms like GTA is doing, but the multi-game character transfer for future games must have killed it.

From early press it actually sounded like there might be one way current gen import cross platform. This of course would also technically make it a cross platform past gen import, but it would only be one way, so I'm not sure how it would work, but it was quotes like this that made me think it might be possible:

“We’re interested in making sure that last gen character can move to next gen. A lot of people are going to buy Destiny on PS3 or Xbox 360 and then get a PS4 for Christmas. Don’t tell me I wasted those last 100 hours there. So we’re really interested in supporting that. Our longer-term platform plans, I couldn’t speak to right now. But we don’t want to lock people in.” - Tyson Green

Might be a good question for one of the last two mail sacks before launch.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread