Saturn (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 09:10 (3527 days ago) @ General Vagueness

No, I'm sure we'll see seven worlds eventually, I expect more than that over the next 10 or 12 or 14 years, even, but I thought it would be in this game. I know they don't owe it to me and they never promised it, that doesn't stop me from wanting it. I didn't expect seven planets or seven environments but I did expect it to be close

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=30911

They have flat out said you can go to Saturn. If you can't, I will be disappointed even if it's in DLC.

Bungie shot themselves in the foot. If they would have just said nothing or explained that a lot of that leaked concept art isn't illustrative of places you will actually go, it would have all been ok. They ran into this trouble because they hype about how massive a game this is, how game changing a game this is, with all that concept art out there. Naturally people expected 5 explorable areas on Earth because that's what was out there.

So no they didn't promise it explicitly, but they promised by omission.

Also unless the final game is significantly different than the Beta, all that hype surrounding the shared world and social aspect is very misleading as well. The game is NOTHING like we were led to believe pre-alpha in that aspect.

I'm not saying the game is bad (the parts I've played are super fun), but you want to under promise and over deliver.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread