Dear Bungie (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:52 (3652 days ago)

I want to congratulate all of you at Bungie for your endeavors, but I don’t think I can adequately. I don’t think I can adequately justify these simple words to those who have worked in the depths of long hours in months or years of time to conquer the imagination, to turn tall challenges into reality, and large worlds into fact. If I could, I would thank your efforts by name for each and every one of you – but I suck with names; so a simple wink, a subtle nod and even a tip of my hat would usually have to do. Yet for this, amongst those many ways to say thank you, the most obvious way to thank you would be exactly what I look forward to doing in just a few more hours. ;)

I can’t wait to see your efforts, for which I have no doubts about. A rare thing.

All said, there is a name or two that lingers on my mind, that I feel I must address.

To Jason Jones, I have a feeling that the concept of Destiny was your secret project you were thinking about in your Halo 2 days, and even if that observation is incorrect, you still have spent at the very least 5 years on what I expect was a dream project for you (which you have only just begun). To watch it come together must have been hard work yet amazing at the same time. To watch it launch – even more so, border line surreal…

I Thank You.

To Nate Hawbaker, who I know far better as a certain and very one of a kind “Veegie”. Holy shit. You just launched a game. You just launched a game… with Bungie. You just launched a game with Bungie… that is a totally brand new I.P. You just launched Destiny. I can’t understate my joy for you – not that you need it, but here it is anyway. Congratulations Veegie.

See you -all of you- starside.

-INSANEdrive

P.S. – I wasn’t kidding when I said I would love to play Destiny with the Effects Lead.

(This shall be my last post before I head out. Next time I post, it will be with Destiny.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread