Raid preparedness checklist (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 16:26 (3518 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 16:30

I know some people here want to try the raid. Be sure you are prepared first so that you can actually finish:

-Level 26 is the absolute minimum, and that's if you have good weapons that are leveled up. If you don't, 27 or 28 is better.

-You should have weapons with as many of the attack upgrades as possible. Legendary / Exotic much preferred. Buy one from a faction or vanguard / crucible vendor if need be.

-You will need Void damage specials and heavies. You don't need to worry about any other element thankfully. Which specials and primaries you need will depend on your role in the fights, which you can discover on your own.

-Class mix. You should have one of each class at least.

-Patience. You will die and be confused, and struggle. That's all part of the fun, but if you think you are going to go in and clean up your first time, then you're going to be disappointed.

-Time. I'd say set aside at least two hours per night you try, so you can go from checkpoint to checkpoint. No normal people are going to be doing it the first time in one sitting.

-Mics / Communication is essential. Everyone needs to have one.

-Skills. You need to know the game inside and out and be a good shot. It honestly has a pretty high barrier.

That's about it. If you try, I highly recommend going in knowing nothing else. It's so much fun to work it out.

I would be happy to lead a raid sometime early November with DBO people. That should give everyone time to prepare if you want to run it but can't find a team.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread