My optimistic take on the Destiny story (Destiny)

by yakaman, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 14:34 (3501 days ago) @ Earendil

In the end, our confusion and feeling of disconnectedness will last for the half day play through of "Season 1", followed by a few days of awesome twists, turns, and explanations. At the end of those days, a final climax will occur that can't be dug out of in the first 15 minutes of "Activision's Destiny, The Reboot". Not that Activision won't try, but Bungie will have washed their hands and moved on to the next story they want to tell.

I am holding out hope on this. Primarily because I can't believe how thin the story is, and how little depth there is to the world.

However, that wouldn't excuse the incoherent and forgettable story we've seen so far. And I don't mean incoherent as I didn't understand; I mean it as they introduce concepts and characters in a very flippant manner, and then dispose of them casually. The story as presented as somewhat throwaway.

If the story had been gripping and cohesive, but very focused - that would have been fine. But what we got was weird. So weird that I'm not comfortable drawing any conclusions.

Hence, I'll enjoy it for what it has been so far.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread