Exactly (Destiny)

by Earendil, Friday, September 19, 2014, 14:31 (3501 days ago) @ davidfuchs

The problem with us switching sides is that (so far) we haven't done anything inherently good or bad, but the Darkness hasn't done anything either. The only reason that we're on this side of things is because we were born there, and belong to the race under the Traveler.

Now, being born on one side of a conflict suits most of the world as a reason to do battle just fine, so maybe that's all this dispute boils down to. But I'm hoping to hear a sinister plan from either the Darkness or the Traveler that makes us pause and choose a side based on moral/ethical grounds.

Now, the one thing that the Darkness may have done that's "evil" is to try and exterminate us. We don't know that's true, but we do know that our "last safe city" has been under siege before. Presumably, based on our other cities, if they had broken the wall they would not put their foot down and claim once and for all that Red is in fact better than Blue, and then leave us be. They would kill us. However, that's an assumption, and even if stated by The Speaker could just be propaganda.. Perhaps (given that we can't die) they are trying to release us from our Ghost prison? Who knows.

But you're right, there is no legit reason to switch sides even if the Darkness isn't evil and the Travel isn't good. They are opposing sides, and I'm more in love with The Tower than I am with a hole in the sand on Mars.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread