What happens when you report someone? (Destiny)

by scarab @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 19:29 (3500 days ago)

I had four people on three separate occasions tonight hide near a battle and just sit there until it was over.

I reported two guys for being inactive and a pair for cheating (as it was so obvious what they were doing).

This was in the strike playlist.

In the Archon priest strike a guy just let himself die and didn't move when we resurrected him. This was in the final fight but he had been idel before (I hadn't noticed but the other fireteam member meleed him when he was standing still and then that's when I started paying attention to what he was doing.

Another guy hung back where the spider tank was until we had killed sepkis prime then he took a Sparrow into the area (I assume to try to pick up something?).

The last two hid downstairs in a corner so it was just me and SP. After a couple of enemy waves I reported them as cheats and a few minutes later they rejoined me and we killed SP.

What's the story here? Is there a Youtube, raid farming, video doing the rounds?

I once had my TV lock up (black screen) so maybe the stationary guy couldn't help it. But the guy who hung back at the spider tank death site and the two who hid downstairs were in control of what they were doing. I saw one of them move tp his hiding spot and crouch there.

Does Bungie investigate all reports? Do they save the game to check it later? Do they wait until someone has had many complaints before they act?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread