Obviously me, and many, many others

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 01, 2013, 11:45 (4046 days ago) @ Claude Errera

My thoughts exactly, micro transitions are fine if they are the "unlock everything / this item early type things. if you don’t have time to commit to a game, or if you simply have a low attention span then fine, unlock early and pay the premium.

I always thought that people playing games was because they wanted to PLAY games. If you have a low attention span or don't have the time to commit to a game, wouldn't the better, and free option be just to not play that game in the first place? If you have a desire to skip content, something tells me you aren't really enjoying yourself, and if the game encourages content skipping, then it seems like it's not designed to be engaging.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to ask you, Cody - why do you believe that everyone thinks as you do? What's wrong with people who want to play a game and buy content to circumvent pieces of the game they don't feel like playing? (The fact that they don't want to play those parts do not make those parts bad - and there are plenty of others who are THRILLED to play those parts. It just means THEY don't want to play them, but they DO want to play the rest of the game, and they don't have a problem paying cash to bypass the stuff that they want to bypass.)

How is their opinion less valid than yours?

At risk of look like a kiss-up I have to agree with Lou... Claude about this. A lot of people play games just for the story, if this is the case they want to make the rest of the game (which I happen to love in most games) as short and easy as possible. Microtransactions make that possible for them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread