My (unskilled) process

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Friday, March 01, 2013, 11:57 (4076 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I was going to run it through Google Image search just for the heck of it, and it told me it was corrupt also. I downloaded it and looking at it you get a pretty big black bar at the bottom that you don't see in the online version. Now I have no idea what to do from here, but just thought I'd share on the off side it'll help.

That's just because whatever engine is rendering the image there decided to fill the remaining/unknown image space with black instead of white (well, white for me running Firefox).

Anything beyond the valid image shown is due to the PNG corruption. Some programs may not even open the file as an image because the PNG is not valid.

My little parsing program would be one that doesn't 'open' the image, as I haven't coded a partial uncompressor that can at least deal with the data that is valid.

tl;dr:
In short, yeah, the PNG is "broken", so anything after the bad data in the binary won't be displayed (or won't be displayed properly; whether black or white or whatever)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread