"Microtransactions make that possible"? Was that sarcasm?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:10 (4044 days ago) @ Claude Errera

What gets me to post in threads like this are arguments that are so short-sighted (or so single-minded) that they basically relegate the majority of players to the 'stupid' or 'blind' or 'just plain clueless' category - that really bothers me. Cody's got his vision of how games should be played - and I have to say, I don't LIKE playing games his way. (I've tried it.) And yet he comes back over and over again and presents his case as "this is the right way, and all other ways are not right." And while I understand that there's the implicit 'in my opinion' tacked onto the end, the fact that he considers other opinions WRONG instead of simply NOT HIS is something I will probably never stop trying to point out to him. ;)

I'm not telling you how to play a game! I'm telling you to GTFO if you don't want to play a game. Play it however you want, and for whatever reasons you want. But if you're not interested in the interactivity, in whatever fashion that suits you, then you have business with this interactive medium.

I am a huge Adventure game fan, a genre which has little to do with mastering mechanics and developing skill. Most of what's fun is exploration, interaction with the world, and puzzle solving. The way you think I play games is wrong, since there's tons of games I play in a totally different way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread