Reply 2

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 09:23 (4063 days ago) @ Kermit

I expect that right. It's my property. But Cliffy has a point, which is this does affect game companies' ability to make a profit and fund future games.

The industry has brainwashed you into thinking this so you feel okay about micro transaction models. You don't need to concern yourself with how games are paid for. Just demand excellent games, and if the way they pay for them makes the game worse, make them figure out a different way that doesn't compromise quality. They are big boys; I'm sure they can think of something else.

There are literally so many excellent games that are already out and exist, that I literally could not play them all in the rest of my life. If I never bought a new release from this point on, I'd still have more than enough excellent games to keep me busy till the day I die.

When you release a new game, that's what you are competing with. Utilize current technology in interesting or better ways, make your games better than old ones because of that, and you should have no problem making money. But taint your games with this bullshit, and I head straight for the used game store or ebay to get something released in 1996.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread