It's like... hardcore and casual all at the same time (Destiny)

by Jabberwok, Monday, October 20, 2014, 15:37 (3469 days ago) @ uberfoop

Would be even better at it if they dropped the progression system altogether. You could still relax when you felt like it, and play crazy hardcore when you felt like it, and do what you want when you want without feeling like you're being punished whenever it doesn't align with what the game is providing rewards for.

Why does chilling require the existence of patrol mode?

I have mixed feelings about the progression as well, but it could still be useful if only it were more flexible. Seems like character builds are mostly about finding gear instead of choosing skills, whereas I wish it were the other way around.

As far as patrol mode, I would prefer if the core of the game were built more around it. Or rather, they need to work on and flesh out their sandbox to get the mileage out of it that it needs. The sandbox feels like it has the most potential to be unique and replayable, with some serious reworking.

The do what you want when you want thing is exactly what they advertised during production, so it seems like they hit that, but maybe in a way that is more artificial than natural.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread