There's no antagonist (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:02 (3474 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN
edited by Revenant1988, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:15

You pulled that out of your sock drawer, didn't you?

While we had to defeat 343GS' intensions, I never thought of him as evil or even a serious antagonist.

Only the Covenant filled the antagonistic role during the period I played those games. They were the one true evil at that time.

Antagonist doesn't imply evil, it just means someone who's goals or motivations differ from the main character.

Destiny's main character is weak.

You are Destiny's main character.

Or are you? None of this is really answered.

Why should you care about your character in Destiny?

I did the daily heroic mission last night, the one where you first go to Venus and encounter the Vex in the library. Once you finish it, the Exo Stranger shows up again. Do you remember what she says, to your character?

She leans into her cloak, and talks to....someone.

Then she talks to you and literally says "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain"

In that one sentence, you are shown what Destiny's story is, and everything that is wrong with it.

I clash with Cody on a lot of stuff, however, there is no defending Destiny's narrative for this first installment. It's trash.

It is indicative of Bungie shedding it's skin and rebuilding several things- their staff, their studio, their image, all of it. THAT, is why it deserves a chance. It's clearly building to..... something.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread