There's no antagonist (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:43 (3447 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Why should you care about your character in Destiny?

Because your character uncovered a functional Golden Age Warmind, and destroyed a major source of the Hive's power along with Crota's legendary sword. You also scored some major victories against the Vex, perhaps preventing them from overrunning Venus and you may have sent two Fallen houses on the path to a pair of internal civil wars. Above all else, your actions have allowed The Traveler to being to heal for the first time in centuries.

That all happened... it just wasn't communicated very well unfortunately. :(

I did the daily heroic mission last night, the one where you first go to Venus and encounter the Vex in the library. Once you finish it, the Exo Stranger shows up again. Do you remember what she says, to your character?

She leans into her cloak, and talks to....someone.

Then she talks to you and literally says "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain"

In that one sentence, you are shown what Destiny's story is, and everything that is wrong with it.

I actually like that line and that whole encounter because it's more than just the one line. It's the one instance that Destiny lays out some neat clues that anyone can follow. We have in front of us an Exo who was not resurrected by The Traveler. She somehow knows about things beyond The City's influence. She somehow understand's the threat of the Vex. And, perhaps most intriguingly, she has a ship and allies or crew of her own that are having to be careful to stay hidden while going about their interventions. There's a lot packed in to that one cutscene. Most of it is unanswered mysteries, sure, but they fee to mel like mysteries that help expand Destiny's universe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread