There's no antagonist (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:39 (3474 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Unless of course it was enhanced by its Wielder somehow. A wielder big and scary enough to be a Raid boss.

Though to me, the Sword pf Crota level kind of sums up everything I disliked about the story.

"Big sword, evil, very dangerous, go destroy it". Okay, cool. Good start.

"It was created by 4 swarm princes. To destroy it you have to kill them". Okay, thats at least kind of interesting. But that's where it stops.

Who/what are swarm princes? How did they create it? Did they forge it? Why don't they make another one? Does it have something to do with the ritual site? What kind of rituals take place there? Why is one prince at the ritual site while the others are guarding the sword? Is it a promotion? Demotion? Why does killing them destroy the sword? Is it bound to their "souls"? And why, WHY is the sword just in the middle of a big landing halfway down the Hellmouth, not in some kind of armoury or relic/throne room.

I feel just a little bit more detail would make that level feel like so much more than just a quick tour of the Hellmouth with a cool setpiece at the end. Give the princes a personality, or at least something unique. I've been fighting yellow Knights for hours at this point, so theyre not exactly intimidating. Tell me the ritual site is for something awful - make me really want to kill that Prince.

The same could be said about a lot of levels, but Sword of Crota in particular kind of encompasses the lot. I know theres a lot of cool lore behind Destiny in the Grimoire cards. Show us some of that?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread