One thing I really appreciate about Destiny's weapons... (Destiny)

by Jabberwok, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:55 (3472 days ago) @ RC

Decent sights by default!

I got so sick of BF/COD where you had to bust your ass getting kills - only in PvP remember - just to unlock a bloody red-dot or ACOG. Until then you were stuck using god-awful iron-sights like some kind of savage; metal covering half your screen!

It's not like in the real-lifes where you have a 2nd, laterally displaced view point, focus and convergence ques and feedback from the position of your hands and arms to assist with getting the shooty end on-target. A decent sight or scope is a requirement in video games.

In Destiny, even Hand-cannons have a little separation between the metal and a tiny holographic sight above the weapon. Allowing you to get on and fight the enemies rather than the weapon.

So, THANK YOU BUNGIE.

I dunno, sometimes I like fighting against my weapons, for the sake of IMMERSION. In Far Cry 2, I get excited every time my gun jams, especially if it's when I really really need it to work.

On the other hand, I'm also sick of every single game needing to have iron sights. I miss the days of just a crosshair in the middle of the screen, and an extra button for secondary fire modes. Or in Destiny's case, taking out the iron sights could mean an extra trigger for more powers.

But I agree, the aiming is well-executed in Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread