The Vault of Glass: The Good and Bad (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 16:38 (3466 days ago) @ ZaneZavin

Did you really get 3 different pieces of raid armor and then complain about what you got at the end? I've seen people quit the game because they can't get the armor after 10+ raid clears. (The guy I'm referring to is a bit of a drama queen, but I can understand it to an extent)

Well, I said some other things too, but yes. Remember though, it's not so much about what I got or didn't get. Like I said, I didn't go into the raid looking for loot. My complaint is mostly about the finesse and presentation of the thing. I'm of the opinion that the conclusion of a raid should be a big momentous event filled with explosions and interesting story information and, yes, if you're going to reward loot have it be significant loot that is only delivered at the end so as to drive home the accomplishment. Instead, I got less of a conclusion than even the plot-anemic Strikes and Story Missions delivered. Those at least have your Ghost sum up your accomplishments and then show you how well you did. The raid? You watch a counter reach zero and... that's it. The gameplay was great but the fit and finish before and after it was completely non-existent.

It would be the Halo equivalent of killing Guilty Spark in Halo 3 and having the Master Chief and Johnson just staying right where they were... not doing anything... until you press start and quit out of the mission.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread