End game problem with loot (and a cool solution) (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 11:57 (3443 days ago) @ Ragashingo

THAT is what you do when your players finish all your content - you encourage them to take on a new challenge. In this case, mastering another class - rather than just running the same stuff over and over in the pointless cycle of getting gear just to get more gear.

Two things:

1. Why is it that you make a distinction between Diablo's normal story content and the more challenging content, but you lump Destiny's normal story content along with its more challenging content? I see the Vault of Glass or the weekly missions and strikes as the things you are meant to do once you beat Destiny's normal content, similar to what you described in Diablo. Certainly the Vault of Glass is something to strive for past the normal story and certainly it offers buffed enemies and new challenges. Why is the VoG just part of beating Destiny but this high level Diablo content is seen as separate? Are you being unfair or am I missing something since I haven't played Diablo?

2. Besides the quick leveling, Destiny does give you five more classes to play with once you finish earning all the abilities of your first one. Why does this not seem to count to you? You talk about starting over in Diablo but you can do similar in Destiny, can't you?

Did you even read my post? I suggested exactly what you just said - to treat the Vault of Glass like the Optional Ultrahard stuff in Diablo, not by giving out gear, but rather something that gives bonus exp to make starting over with a new class easier and more fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread