Planet Materials (Destiny)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Friday, October 24, 2014, 13:32 (3469 days ago) @ digital_ronin

Out of curiosity how many characters do you have and what levels are they? I want to understand how you arrived at those totals and what sort of equipment upgrade scheme you are following.

Total of 3 characters; my primary is a Hunter (29), my first alt is a Warlock (24, most of the post-20 levelling from hand-me-down gear), my second alt is a Titan (9) that I haven't played much.

My usual play routine is about 2hrs a night with my primary; do the daily story at max (2 Ascendant), then a patrol somewhere for materials and to get into a public event (1 Ascendant if we can Gold star it), then whatever time's left doing strikes in the Vanguard Tiger list.

On weekends I try to partner up with DBOers to do the Nightfall strike with my primary. If I feel like playing much beyond that, I run an alt.

Not a lot of cross-character transfer of material; only now that I've maxxed the Hunter's armour am I regularly transferring out Shards which I'm using to upgrade the Warlock's armour, and right now the advancement choke point for my Warlock is earning XP to unlock the upgrades.

-- Steve's not grinding, if by "grinding" one means playing un-fun bits of a game repeatedly to advance within it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread