Wandering Around Outside of Mars (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Saturday, October 25, 2014, 00:01 (3443 days ago)

I'm sure someone has to have posted this already just because of how simple it is, but I couldn't find anything in a search. So, just in case it hasn't been found yet, there's a ridiculously easy way to get completely outside of the map on Mars.

Load up The Black Garden mission and play until you go through the portal. As soon as you're on the other side of the portal, look for a hole in the upper-right corner of the room you teleport into. Hop up in there, crouch-walk through, and you're outside of the map. The view just outside is pretty great, but if you can keep jumping up the ledges and make your way around the corner, you can start to make your way to the very top of the map and wander around a bit. Be warned, though. Both times I've done this, the audio has glitched and gotten really loud for a bit when the game starts to break :)

After wandering a bit, I managed to fall off the map a few times, nearly get myself stuck near the bottom of the map with no ledges to jump up to, and eventually find my way back to what I thought was the opening where we escaped the map in the first place...Except it ended up being the area above the subway area (Freehold Station, I think). I have no idea how I actually ended up there, but it only took an hour or so of goofing around to accidentally find it, so I'm sure you guys could get there easily enough if you were actually trying.

I picked what I thought were the 5 best clips from our little adventure and uploaded them to OneDrive. Sorry, there's no real editing. I'm not really the creative type and, even if I was, it's 2AM and I need to crash. Enjoy!

I can't use the OneDrive embed code here and I'm not going to wait on a YouTube upload, so here you go :)

...And I just noticed that that first 30 second clip includes the loud audio glitch. Sorry about that.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread