The Dark Below content... *Updated* (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 07:44 (3461 days ago) @ bluerunner

5 made for mid-range combat, but that also accommodate long range (Bastion, Exodus Blue, First Light, Rusted Lands, Twilight Gap)

One of those is not on Xbox.

Ah yes, of course. That's a darn shame, friend...

A majority of fighting in Bastion is in the middle hallways, especially around flag B. Twilight gap is close quarters except for a couple of spots. Rusted Lands has its spots, but auto rifles can still do fine on it all around. First Light is the best we've got, but I can spend an entire match of control in the close quarters areas and never have to worry about long distance fighters.

I'm seeing a lot of "well, the way I play it is this...", which of course greatly affects your encounters. A great example is a large map like First Light, where some people never leave the interior corridors.
I've played a lot of games on Bastion where we kept the enemy team stuck on point B by sniping from C and holding them from A with scout/auto rifles and the interceptor that spawns nearby. It's all about mixing up your playstyle. I use Scout Rifles, Fusion Rifles, and Sniper Rifles, and the only thing I have trouble with is shotguns. Even in the games before the patch, I rarely ever went negative against teams of ARs and shotties, and that's because I knew what parts of the map to avoid, and what encounters I could play well through.

I'm wanting more full open maps in the spirit of the Blood Gulches and Valhalla. I haven't found a map yet where I felt that a scout rifle would be the best choice.

Destiny couldn't have a map like that. It's not Halo. Too many precision weapons with short kill times would turn it into a sniping gallery with a huge no-man's-land separating everything and minimal map movement and flow. Destiny is definitely more Crysis than Halo, but people can't seem to let go of their comfort zone...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread