The Dark Below content... *Updated* (Destiny)

by yakaman, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 08:33 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

5 made for mid-range combat, but that also accommodate long range (Bastion, Exodus Blue, First Light, Rusted Lands, Twilight Gap)

One of those is not on Xbox.

Ah yes, of course. That's a darn shame, friend...

Why you dirty-

I'm wanting more full open maps in the spirit of the Blood Gulches and Valhalla. I haven't found a map yet where I felt that a scout rifle would be the best choice.

Destiny couldn't have a map like that. It's not Halo. Too many precision weapons with short kill times would turn it into a sniping gallery with a huge no-man's-land separating everything and minimal map movement and flow. Destiny is definitely more Crysis than Halo, but people can't seem to let go of their comfort zone...

Unfortunately, this. If a Scout Rifle would be great for a map, a Sniper would be better. And everyone can have Snipers. Essentially any big/open map is going to become Team Snipers.

Although, since I am a terrible sniper (and that may be understating it), I've always wondered if (for example) a DMR could be an option in Team Snipers. The player would be opting for a lesser alternative, but one they might be far better at using.

Such a thing might work in Halo, but not so much in Destiny, methinks. Snipers/long-range shooting render Supers obsolete (to some extent), which is what Destiny MP is built around. For better or worse, Destiny is a fast, short to mid-range MP experience.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread