Vault of Glass - Final Boss Fight EPIC SAVE (sp) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 09:09 (3459 days ago)

A group of us ran the Vault of Glass again last night, and an amazing thing happened during the final boss battle against Atheon.

With the latest patch, 3 players are now randomly selected to be teleported to the past or future. During one of my trips through the portal, I picked up the Relic while 2 of my teammates were on Oracle duty. We failed to kill the Oracles in time, and the 3 of us dropped.

The rest of our group back on the other side of the portal were about to wipe so we could start over. At the last minute, I decided to take a chance and pop my Super resurrection ability. I expected to get taken down by the Oracles as soon as I was on my feet, but to my surprise they were no longer there. I was able to pick up the Relic and run through the portal back in to the main room.

CLUTCH SAVE!

The downside was that as soon as I made it through, the relic vanished and the next teleportation round began. The 2 teammates who had been taken down by the Oracles were stuck in the past, so it was now 4 of us against Atheon. My 3 remaining teammates were teleported to the future, leaving me alone on the outside to open and defend the portal.

We were successful on both sides of the portal. The 4 of us jumped on to the center platform for 1 final push against Atheon...
and we took the sucker DOWN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVn3J9ziNr8

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread