Fair Enough (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:56 (3466 days ago) @ Monochron

I bought the Durandal remake for 360 a few years back and I still play survival mode a couple times a week. If they offered a remade Infinity for $10, I'd buy.

We will probably go down the path of "Was Destiny worth full retail price" if we start talking about willingness to purchase a game that lacks certain common gaming mechanics. In addition, Durandal is a re-release, available through Aleph One, yada yada yada . . .

And those walls of text would be a pain on a tv screen.

I think that argument is a bit separate from this.
My main point is that story/narrative is a huge factor for me when I consider purchasing a game nowadays. That's just my interest.

I don't know that Destiny would operate as a story driven game regardless of how well that story was presented, at least past the first play-through. The medium would have to be drastically different, and for whatever reason, Bungie decided not to make another Halo game.

The lack of plot has actually enabled me to put my own story on top of the actions of the game, and that's been a unique experience for me that's allowed me to experience the whole game in a novel way. It's not something I think everyone wants to do either. I imagine the experience is decidedly different for you, and I gather it's a somewhat frustrating experience.

If the game Marathon released today I highly doubt that I would consider buying it.

Ooooo...what if it was for a charity? Damn good idea right there!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread