Fair Enough (Destiny)

by Monochron, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 14:13 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The lack of plot has actually enabled me to put my own story on top of the actions of the game, and that's been a unique experience for me that's allowed me to experience the whole game in a novel way. It's not something I think everyone wants to do either. I imagine the experience is decidedly different for you, and I gather it's a somewhat frustrating experience.

Yeah, that's just not something I'm into with games. What currently excites about gaming is the potential for deeply immersive environments through graphical fidelity, detailed settings, and rich characters and story. I love the idea of being guided through a heroic story where I play the pivotal role and thus, feel that I am a special character within this sprawling new world and group of characters.
Destiny does very well on a lot of these. But for instance, Mass Effect does each one of them excellently (in my opinion). So right now, it's a tough call for me to put more money into a game like this when I could be trying out something else that may provide all the elements that I want.

If the game Marathon released today I highly doubt that I would consider buying it.

Ooooo...what if it was for a charity? Damn good idea right there!

Hhm, yeah in that case I would probably go for it. The charity is a plus and not having to make sure everything is set to use Aleph One is another plus :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread