+1 (Destiny)

by Jabberwok, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 17:24 (3465 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Haha, yeah, I'm not sure there's much point in slamming the game if you're going to continue to play the heck out of it.

If you are one of those people, I wonder if you ever stop and examine why you continue to play something you find deeply flawed?

Either way, Bungie seems satisfied with the result of the game, so that tells us something too.

If we're too assume that they're valuing play stats only and ignoring negative feedback, it certainly does tell us something about their priorities. Not sure that I like what it suggests. Then again, it probably isn't that simple, and there are certainly more functional reasons for focusing on reliable user data, rather than commentary. It's probably easy, if not necessarily accurate, to use hours played as a metric for 'fun', and the value the user places on the product.

In which case, it's true that the user base needs to express its opinions through their usage and purchases rather than actual feedback, because it tends to be the only way to communicate effectively with large companies.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread