Is it stupid, though? (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 13:31 (3463 days ago) @ RC

Bungie didn't patch out shield bumping which let you beat Keyes in 2 minutes.

Because they couldn't

Ok, fair enough, that's true - they couldn't. But if they could have, would they have done so? It's hard to say for sure, but my gut says no, simply because I can't think why they'd bother. I don't think it would improve the experience, and I don't think Bungie would believe so either. In those single-player days, they didn't consider things that sped up campaign runs (even massively) to be a problem. I know you in particular are quite familiar with those glitches, more so than me, but for anyone who isn't, look at the later Halo 2 sword flying exploit for an example. That exploit was patched out in multiplayer (and rightly so) because it could potentially be used to ruin others' fun. However, it was left in campaign (again, rightly so IMO). That seems to show that they didn't consider campaign exploits an issue, at least in a game like Halo 2 where campaign exploits only affected the player doing them (and possibly one split-screen partner, who is close enough to punch them if necessary).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread