The players have spoken (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 14:32 (3459 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I agree with this. The raid is fun on its own, no question. But it's also a significant effort and time commitment, and it does seem like there ought to be SOME guarantee of something tangible from an activity like that.

I like the idea of having a separate currency/vendor. Borderlands 2 did something like that with a currency that only dropped from raid bosses, and special items that could only be purchased with that currency. Come to think of it, most of the rest of Destiny works like that - look at the legendaries you can get from the tower vendors (even exotics once a week). They could do something similar with the raid, keep the current random drops but just add the new currency/vendor. Again, that's the way the rest of the game works right now - all those legendaries the faction vendors sell can also be found as random drops.

If Bungie REALLY feels the need to limit how often we can acquire that raid gear, they could lower the random drop rate so that the overall rate of people getting things stays roughly the same (this is where all that glorious data we hear about comes in) - but because you'd be building that currency each time you raid, there'd still be a sense of progression for those who don't get the drops, and after X number of runs they could still get something they worked for. It seems to me like this would be less frustrating.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread