Consider yourself lucky. I've never gotten an exotic bounty! (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 14:52 (3458 days ago) @ digital_ronin

I guess having all the bounties makes the completionist in me happy, but from an actual game perspective, your time is better off spent trying to max out a solid legendary weapon like Vision of Confluence or Shadow Price. These will provide more utility and help you tackle bigger challenges.

There is a ton of truth to this statement.

I have the following exotics between my main and my alt.
- Suros Regime (Will max out)
- Hard Light
- Red Death (Maxed)
- Bad Juju
- Thorn x2
- MIDA Multi-Tool
- Invective x2
- Universal Remote
- Pocket Infinity
- Ice Breaker (Maxed)
- Patience and Time
- Gjallarhorn (Maxed)
- Super Good Advice

Since you can only use one at a time I find myself coveting those who get the raid legendary weapons. Even non raid legendary weapons are more useful than any of the exotics since you can switch them out freely. I maxed Red Death out right after Xur sold it and I haven't used it much since I got Ice Breaker. Anymore exotics other than Ice Breaker, Suros, Gjallarhorn mainly just sit in my vault.

Give me a tracking Unfriendly Giant/The Swarm, Atheon's Epilogue/The Devil you know/The Calling and an Epitaph 2261 sniper and I am good to go on just about anything.

So far I mainly run Ice Breaker unless I end up playing crucible and then I switch to Suros.

Hopefully I can get the Vision of Confluence someday.

I have found it so much more useful to have good legendary weapons compared to exotics.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread