w.r.t "get more ascendant energy" (Destiny)

by kornman00, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 18:45 (3437 days ago) @ scarab

I've played around with this on a handful of Legendaries I've been given through engrams/faction level ups

At first I would fully unlock the tech tree of the gun (via equip-item-on-bounty-turn-in tactic). Since I'm not really using them, I don't invest in any of their tech upgrades (beyond the first primary tech, because it only takes glimmer). This process normally gives me ~5 AE, but I could have sworn I even got 7 AE during on dismantle of a fully unlocked weapon.

Recently I just said "fuck it" to getting the last three upgrades unlocked (the ones which use AE for upgrading). So, I'd just unlock it until the last damage upgrade which uses Weapons Parts. With this process, I'm still getting ~5 AE.

I'm currently sitting at over 100 AE (it's more of a matter of farming the materials needed. I have plenty to spend it on). So I'll probably end up seeing what I get for dismantling a weapon with everything unlocked up to its 2nd primary tech, and just its primary and option techs unlocked, and just its first optional tech. If I continue to get the same AE from this, I'll probably just end up testing fewer and fewer tech tree unlocks.

TL;DR: you just need to *unlock* the weapon upgrades, you don't have to invest in them to get more AE from dismantles. And you don't have to fully unlock it (unless of course I'm remembering right about that 7 AE from a dismantle, because I've only gotten that once).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread