Exotics: Have they negatively impacted your use of others? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 24, 2014, 20:21 (3434 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Exotics do play a large part of my various builds. I enjoy trying to find something that I'm comfortable with and that fits with my ideas for each character.

For armor, my Striker and Defender Titan variants are build around their respective helmets. The Striker uses the helmet that lets her do Death From Above along with another perk. Usually it's Death From Above combined with Shockwave so if I miss short I still have a pretty good chance at killing and enemy or two. When in Defender mode my Titan uses the helmet that lets Ward of Dawn blind an enemy. You can really hold down a point if you play it right. My Hunter uses the helmet that provides radar at all times.

For weapons things are a bit more variable. For one thing I have several weapons that still need to be upgraded. My Hunter uses The Last Word almost exclusively. It is versatile enough that I use a Legendary Sniper Rifle in my special shot without feeling too vulnerable at close range. My Titan mixes it up more. I really like the Invective shotgun but also like Thunderlord for a heavy and am playing around with the Mida Multi-Tool for a primary. My eventual plan is to get the Titan The Swarm for a heavy to sub in for Thunderlord, find a good auto shotgun in place of Invective and probably go with an Exotic primary, either the Mida Multi-Tool or Red Death if I can ever get my hands on it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread