Exotics: Have they negatively impacted your use of others? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, November 24, 2014, 21:43 (3412 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It sounds to me more like you just really like your armor / weapon build and don't have a lot of interest in trying things that won't work as well for you. Nothing wrong with finding your niche and sticking with it! :)

Funny thing is that I actually go out of my way to evade my comfort zone. In Iron Banner, I've been going in with Machine Guns instead of the Gjallarhorn, Sniper Rifles instead of Fusion Rifles, and I've even been using the Assault Rifles that I loathe (it actually took me a bit to realize that I had two others besides the Epilogue, since 99% of them get scrapped), just to mix things up a bit. And I get 10-kill sprees every other game, so there's no "one set to rule them all".

Cody sees things as a numbers game where there are top tier weapons that supersede the usefulness/uniqueness of any other, but I prove him wrong simply by enjoying the game in a different way.

Having no Hunter of my own, I've even been hopping on to Sammy's account a bit this week and running as a Gunslinger with a Dead Orbit Handcannon, Invective, and a Hezen's Vengeance, and I've been wrecking... I even regret deleting my Hunter, because the completely different playstyle (quick and cunning) is also one that I love. So while my HotPF and weapon combo is my trademark style, the game has far too much variety in it to simply confine one's self into a box and complain about getting bored with the limited gameplay and weapon usefulness...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread