The issue with exotics (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 24, 2014, 22:08 (3434 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yep. Also I think just ranking Exotics and leaving out Legendary weapons makes Destiny's selection look artificially small. There are a ton of good Legendaries to choose from. For every Exotic you can probably find two or more really good Legendary weapons to swap them out for. I think the strength of the Legendaries helps keep the Crucible diverse where you don't see the same weapon over and over too often.

We weren't talking about Legendary weapons. Yes, there are tons of good ones, but that doesn't change the fact that many exotics are bad, and is even made that worse when their raid counterparts are better, i.e. Vision of Confluence, Corrective Measure, etc.

Whether or not they're useful in every situation, and whether one was best, would be the argument. The fact that some legendaries are more useful than some exotics seems apropos to me. For instance, yesterday on a hard mode raid, I used a comedian in place of my icebreaker because it was more effective against supplicants, and didn't in fact use an exotic weapon even though I had several fully leveled ones available because I found the legendaries more useful.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread