Exotic Weapons. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 05:42 (3438 days ago) @ Cody Miller

When it comes to weapons, I'm not really paying attention to what does the most damage because I'm assuming that a 300 sniper does the same as a 300 hand cannon, in their respective uses.

But I am finding myself gravitating towards the same 2-3 weapons even though I have lots of others I could be using. I know there are a few that need tweaked, like my Thorn and Juju- but putting those aside I have a hard time justifying using "Super Good Advice" when I have a perfectly good "The Swarm" that does the same damage type.

I understand that exotic weapons are a niche deal- they heavily favor one specific trait or ability, but that doesn't make them the ideal weapon to use all the time. Ideally. I find myself using the same 3-4 weapons for all encounters, and only switching if there is a "burn" for the nightfall.

I have no issues flipping weapons around as needed, compared to armor and my super's skill tree (which give me a hell of a time)

But I do notice that as you say, many of the legendary stuff beat out the exotics.

I have a fully upgraded void "The Crash" shotgun that I got from a random drop- it has abilities that greatly differ from the one the FWC sells. I also have Invective. On paper, I should be ditching the crash for Invective, as it SHOULD be self sustaining, but because special ammo is plentiful on the maps, I never use it in PVP or PVE.

I have a void "The Cure" RL and I have "Truth"... guess which one I use? The Cure.

I've got a couple more like that. I only seem to use MIDA and Icebreaker, switching things around when needed but otherwise not even touching my other exotics.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread