Can anyone help with math on the Burn multipliers (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 06:40 (3434 days ago) @ Mariachi

Specifically, how much of a damage boost does it add? For instance, nightfall this week is Void Burn. Is it better to use a less powerful gun that has void or a fully leveled legendary that uses solar or arc damage. Is the void burn enough to compensate for the less damage?

Also, what about enemy shields? I get that its better to use solar weapons against solar shields, but I have no idea of exactly how much better. Is it a percentage boost? And how does that play into the Burn modifiers, should you will match weapons to shield types, or is it better to just use the weapons that get the modifier?

Anybody got any actual numbers on how this stuff works?

I don't have any actual numbers, but it is significant. My Patience and Time, which is maybe 15% upgraded, was doing over 10,000 damage on critical hits last week.

- Always opt to take advantage of burn modifiers except on mismatched shields.

- In the case of mismatched shields, opt to use the corresponding damage type to remove the shield. If you do not have a corresponding damage type, opt to take advantage of the burn modifier. It will be less effective than a corresponding damage type, but still more effective than kinetic damage.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread