Can anyone help with math on the Burn multipliers (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:41 (3433 days ago) @ Mariachi

Specifically, how much of a damage boost does it add? For instance, nightfall this week is Void Burn. Is it better to use a less powerful gun that has void or a fully leveled legendary that uses solar or arc damage. Is the void burn enough to compensate for the less damage?

The math I've seen on upgrades suggests that a fully-upgraded legendary or exotic does roughly 20% more damage to leveled enemies than an an-upgraded version (that's just damage-per-shot, of course, and probably doesn't account for DPS increases that might come from rate of fire increases, etc.).

Burn modifiers, on the other hand, are supposedly 300%. I'm not certain whether that's 300% of base damage, or 300% added to the base 100%, making it 400% of the original amount, but either way it is MUCH more significant than the attack power. I still have a rare void fusion rifle (because RNGesus hasn't seen fit to gift me with a legendary to fill that role). It's not very good most of the time, but as soon as void burn kicks in, it's The Noisy Cricket.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread