On the Raid (No spoils) (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 09, 2014, 22:45 (3462 days ago)

The DBO PS4 team made it to Crota, and disbanded for the night to resume tomorrow. I'm confident we can end him then.

This raid seems to be harder than the Vault to execute, but not to figure out. Not sure how much else I want to say without spoiling stuff, but we grasped the concepts and figured out WHAT to do much more quickly than in the Vault, however the sheer difficulty of it is much higher.

I would say the fun factor is high, but not as high as the Vault of Glass.

I'm also sure we missed pretty much all the hidden chests.

For DBO raid team only

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 09, 2014, 23:12 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Massive spoilers:

I'm told by someone who's beaten Crota that you need to drop his shield, hit him like three times with the sword, then drop his shields AGAIN. If you do it twice in one go, the shields stay down a lot longer the second time allowing him to take way more hits. Otherwise there's zero chance to beat enrage. We can work that out tomorrow.

On the Raid (No spoils)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 05:40 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I watched you guys play a little bit last night, Cyber and SpecGrunt had live stream going, and Cyber had voice chat enabled so I could hear some of you chatting.

I watched maybe 20 minutes and don't feel I spoiled anything for myself.(I had no context to know what the hell was happening)

It definitely looked like you guys were having a hard time, and I mean that in a good way.

The Mythoclast

by petetheduck, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 06:20 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Did having the Mythoclast seem to make a difference to those of you that had it, beyond the obvious 100% damage to level 32 enemies?

I'm just wondering if it is indeed the go-to weapon for Crota's End that Bungie implied or if you guys were choosing other weapons that were better suited to the encounters.

My Weapon and Class tips *no spoilers*

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 06:59 (3462 days ago) @ petetheduck

Solar is the only damage type that matters

The Big Three

Mythoclast, Icebreaker, and Gjallerhorn. If you have any of these they should be whats in your exotic slot. Mythoclast hits harder than anything else because of the 323 attack. Gjalerhorn and Icebreaker are still great and high levels of burst damage is needed desperately for this raid.

Other exotics worth using

Thorn and Hardlight will both shine because of the over penetration. I used Suros because of its flexibility. Those three weapons will be useful if you have them, but the big three trumps them. Invective is situtionally useful for thrall swarms. Not tested but Super Good Advice might come in handy for Knights

Last raid's weapons

Hezen Vengance is useful due to solar burst damage. I didn't find my Atheon's to be that good and from what I remember people saying fatebringer didn't perform to their expectations. Vision of Confluence remains good

HMGs or Rockets

I think its good to have a mix of both. I don't have a good rocket launcher so I stuck to my Solar Jolder's Hammer with fieldscout the whole time. HMGs penetrate Knight shields and are very valuable. I feel like 2 people on the fireteam should be using them.

Secondary weapons

IMO fusion rifles aren't the best here. I feel like sniper rifles are still king and shotguns are situationally useful here. I'm not a fan of FRs tho so take this with a grain of salt.

Class Matters
I feel like Sunsinger is the only way to go for warlocks. I tried to walk my preferred path of the void but you need that extra solar grenade. Strikers/Bladedancers are great mob clearers. Gunslingers are needed for burst damage. Weapons of Light is invaluable for the final encounter. Be prepared to switch subclasses.

Agility is useless
Stack armor and recovery

One last tip, if you are taking your time getting to the raid I highly advise getting to level 31 with the new gear available.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 07:26 (3462 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I think its good to have a mix of both. I don't have a good rocket launcher so I stuck to my Solar Jolder's Hammer with fieldscout the whole time. HMGs penetrate Knight shields and are very valuable. I feel like 2 people on the fireteam should be using them.

I don't think all of them do. My Swarms wasn't. My corrective measure was.

Also shotguns MIGHT be useful in this raid. Maybe something with range like found verdict.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 07:47 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd say mainly for the first stage of the raid, after that not as much

What element is your swarm and corrective measure?

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 08:50 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 09:11 (3462 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Solar Swarm. Corrective measure is always void.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 09:16 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hmm weird. Guess it has nothing to do with elements.

Both Thunderlord and Jolder's hammer go through. I wonder if any of the faction mgs do? Maybe its related to the quality rating of the gun.

The Mythoclast

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 07:23 (3462 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 07:29

Did having the Mythoclast seem to make a difference to those of you that had it, beyond the obvious 100% damage to level 32 enemies?

That's not how it works. If you are level 30, you do less damage to level 32 enemies. No matter what your weapon attack. Increasing your attack increases your damage no matter what level the enemy you are fighting.

The Mythoclast

by petetheduck, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 09:14 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's not how it works. If you are level 30, you do less damage to level 32 enemies. No matter what your weapon attack. Increasing your attack increases your damage no matter what level the enemy you are fighting.

From my understanding, that is how it works, I was just ignoring the second modifier, which is what you posted about. I'm just talking about weapons, and the Mythoclast is generally the only weapon that anyone might have that's above 300 attack right now.

I'm still curious if having the Mythoclast seemed to make a difference to you guys, or if you just ended up using different weapons based on the encounter. Not asking about your entire loadout, just the Mythoclast specifically. I'm wondering if it is the go-to Crota's End gun that Bungie implied it was.

The Mythoclast

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 10:05 (3462 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 10:09

I'm still curious if having the Mythoclast seemed to make a difference to you guys, or if you just ended up using different weapons based on the encounter. Not asking about your entire loadout, just the Mythoclast specifically. I'm wondering if it is the go-to Crota's End gun that Bungie implied it was.

It was effective in places, but it wasn't a 'go to' gun. Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn are 'go to' guns for this raid :-p And since you can only have one exotic equipped…

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread