My Weapon and Class tips *no spoilers* (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 06:59 (3456 days ago) @ petetheduck

Solar is the only damage type that matters

The Big Three

Mythoclast, Icebreaker, and Gjallerhorn. If you have any of these they should be whats in your exotic slot. Mythoclast hits harder than anything else because of the 323 attack. Gjalerhorn and Icebreaker are still great and high levels of burst damage is needed desperately for this raid.

Other exotics worth using

Thorn and Hardlight will both shine because of the over penetration. I used Suros because of its flexibility. Those three weapons will be useful if you have them, but the big three trumps them. Invective is situtionally useful for thrall swarms. Not tested but Super Good Advice might come in handy for Knights

Last raid's weapons

Hezen Vengance is useful due to solar burst damage. I didn't find my Atheon's to be that good and from what I remember people saying fatebringer didn't perform to their expectations. Vision of Confluence remains good

HMGs or Rockets

I think its good to have a mix of both. I don't have a good rocket launcher so I stuck to my Solar Jolder's Hammer with fieldscout the whole time. HMGs penetrate Knight shields and are very valuable. I feel like 2 people on the fireteam should be using them.

Secondary weapons

IMO fusion rifles aren't the best here. I feel like sniper rifles are still king and shotguns are situationally useful here. I'm not a fan of FRs tho so take this with a grain of salt.

Class Matters
I feel like Sunsinger is the only way to go for warlocks. I tried to walk my preferred path of the void but you need that extra solar grenade. Strikers/Bladedancers are great mob clearers. Gunslingers are needed for burst damage. Weapons of Light is invaluable for the final encounter. Be prepared to switch subclasses.

Agility is useless
Stack armor and recovery

One last tip, if you are taking your time getting to the raid I highly advise getting to level 31 with the new gear available.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread