IGN Review of The Dark Below (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 16:11 (3415 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

IGN's "Okay" review of The Dark Below expansion.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/18/destiny-the-dark-below-review?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

I sort of feel the same way.

Last night, when we couldn't get the raid together, it was like, "So, what should we do?". Nobody really wanted to do much. We played like 3 games of Iron banner, but nobody was feeling it.

Even the raid, I am beginning to be meh on. The raid was substantially easier to master I think than Vault of Glass. I've only completed it twice, but I feel like I have a lot less to learn. Obviously the first time was pretty tough, but after you know what's going on, it's honestly not terribly difficult. I haven't even cheesed anything yet. Sure I could try to learn how to use the sword on Crota, or cross the bridge first or something, but I just don't feel much like playing it to get better like I did with Vault of Glass. I think if hard mode had been open from the start, it would at least give me something to strive for.

The only reason would be for the 32 armor, and the weapons, but knowing I can just buy better stuff with house of wolves really kills and gear based motivation. So I dunno, I'll probably do the raid for a little while longer, but it doesn't seem like it will have the legs Vault of Glass did.

The rest is just looking at all the stupid grinding shit that was introduced. I hated that before, but the Vault was enough to look past that. Crota's End just isn't.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread