Late to the Party (Off-Topic)

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 17:43 (3388 days ago)

And the after party. Hell, I'm late to the party the week after the first one.

I go by Orange (PSN: Ouranje, PS4 only). I've been playing Destiny since the Alpha, Beta, Launch, etc. But since the beginning, I've been playing entirely solo: aside from PVP and strike playlists, I've done everything I can do by myself BY myself.

Along the way, I've managed to get to level 27 as a hunter, armed with one "old" legendary scout rifle and Murmur. But I'm just shy of getting my vanguard rank to even 3, I've had some of the worst RNG luck I've even heard of, and all the most efficient methods of earning marks or SCs for what items will GET me to level 30 all basically require me to be either A) level 30, or B) have friends who play Destiny. It's not like I'm FRIENDLESS, but uh, all of my friends own different consoles than I do, except for one, who never has the same day off as I do.

Day off, singular-- Wednesdays only, and soon not even that. And I don't presently have a mic, which makes playing with anyone... let's just say "difficult" is putting it lightly. But I've been lurking around here for a while, and was hoping to perhaps find some kind people to get me through (the apparently pointless? but still requisite and allegedly fun) Vault of Glass and maybe a Nightfall or Heroic every now and then. And hey, a slim chance of it since I'm mic-less and thus voiceless, but maybe I'll even make some friends! I promise not to be horrible. And maybe my lack of a mic is a blessing; who would even read all of this ramble? (do people look at the gamertag spreadsheet still? and more questions linger still)

tl;dr newbie looking for Wednesday fireteam friends and/or advice on how best to solo Destiny. Cheers!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread