You're not supposed to read those. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, December 19, 2014, 15:12 (3415 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I'm unsure if the majority of the commenters are misinterpreting what the Weekly Update is for or if Bungie is going about the Weekly Update all wrong. Seems like the majority of commenters want more information about coming changes and validation that the issues in the game are getting fixed, but Bungie Weekly Updates seem to be more about the goings on behind the scenes. I'm perfectly fine with both, but what say you fine folks?

Forums are one thing, but comments? They'll drive even the most hardiest of Guardians mad. :)

Seriously though, I remember that same stuff in Halo 2 days, so it's not much of a change, heh.

I think it's doing what it's always done, but now they have additional hotfix and patch notes hitting us separately, so the update focuses on the other aspects more now. Overall, we're getting the same level of information.

Since they're more vocal than most studios, especially for a big one, I think that just makes people want more and more out of them, no matter what they say. But they can't cross a certain line - if they gave out too much, and had to go back on their word, it would make the crazies more crazy.

It's like when Deej posts here - there's all of the sudden twenty posts from people replying to him. It's usually always nice and jovial, which says a lot about DBO, but that same root event is there. Have that same event at Bungie.Net and the Hive come out. :)

I'd also rather have a short and sweet update and know they're busy working rather than promises and PR speak.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread